Candidate Privacy Information Statement
Last Updated: August 5, 2022
Welcome to King & Windsor Recruiting. If you have received this Candidate Privacy Information Statement (‘Privacy Statement’) from us, you are currently listed as or may be about to become listed as a candidate within our candidate database.
As a recruitment agency you may expect to properly perform our services, we collect and use information about you, and we want to be transparent about this.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and this Privacy Statement describes, among other things, the types of information that we collect about you in the performance of our business, how we use such information, and your privacy rights in relation to the information about you that we handle. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
It may seem obvious, but in this Privacy Statement, you will be referred to as ‘you’.
When we use ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’, or the ‘Company,’ we mean King and Windsor Recruiting.
What Personal Information do we collect and use?
– As a candidate for job opportunities, we collect and use Personal Information about you as part of the recruitment process in order to evaluate your suitability for certain employment opportunities and to make hiring decisions. The categories of Personal Information that we collect includes, but is not limited to:
– Your name, contact details, qualifications (education, training courses and internships, and work experience), skill sets (for example, foreign language skills) and any other information you listed on your resume;
– Copies of and documents evidencing your identity and eligibility to work in the United States or other location as applicable;
– Records of correspondence, if you contact us;
– Feedback about you from our staff and third parties and where you give feedback on others;
– Your feedback about us and our services through our satisfaction surveys;
– Photos, videos, or other recordings of your attendance at a video interview or training or similar sessions, where applicable;
– Information from your public profile on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.), and other public locations (Job Boards, company websites, etc.);
– And any other information you provide or which we obtain.
Do we collect and use sensitive Personal Information?
As a candidate, you are not required to submit information that may be considered sensitive including your race or ethnic origin or data concerning your health or sexual orientation. If you decide to provide us with sensitive Personal Information, we will handle the information according to the practices identified in this Privacy Statement and applicable law, and we reserve the right to delete the information from our databases.
As a candidate, you may be asked about your willingness to complete a drug or background screen or medical examination or whether you require any accommodations in the work place.
How do we obtain your Personal Information?
We often collect Personal Information directly from you. This may include, for example, when you interview with us, email us, call us, or when you apply for a position (whether via our website, via our App, via third parties such as job boards or social media sites, or otherwise).
We also collect Personal Information about you from third parties such as references you identify and/or service providers who assist us with our services, such as companies providing employment verifications.
We also collect Personal Information about you from social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), company websites, and other publicly available sources.
Why do we collect and use Personal Information about you?
As a candidate for job opportunities, we collect and use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
– Finding potential suitable jobs/assignments for you to apply for or that you may be interested in. This may include for example sending your resume to prospective employers for their consideration and keeping you informed of future work opportunities by email, telephone, mail, text message, and/or other communication methods (note that messaging and data rates may apply for any SMS, MMS, and other electronic communications (typically, this is based on your carrier and service plan));
– For direct messaging via e-mail, text messaging, telephone, or otherwise;
– To further develop, test and improve our website, Candidate Portal, App, or other existing or new systems/processes to better serve you;
– To perform studies and statistical and analytical research, for example, to compare the effectiveness of our placement of candidates between different business sectors and geographies and seek to identify factors that can influence any differences we identify;
– Where necessary, to comply with any of the Company’s legal or contractual obligations;
– To investigate or respond to incidents and complaints;
Do you have to give us the Personal Information we ask for?
You are not required to provide your Personal Information to us, but it would not be possible for us to work with you, or provide our services to you, if you do not provide us with a required minimum. It also may limit the services that you can receive from us if you choose to provide us with limited Personal Information.
How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, based on customary human resource practices and in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Do we share your data with third parties?
No, we do not, nor do we sell your data.
Verifying Your Identity
To exercise the rights described above, it may be necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you (by, for example providing us with valid identification to confirm your identity).
What about data security when sharing Personal Information?
Although we aim to protect the security and integrity of the Personal Information we collect, we cannot guarantee or warrant that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our case, is 100% secure from intrusion by others. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the information listed in the “How can you contact us?” section below.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Statement or would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org .
When you contact us to exercise your rights, we will need you to identify yourself before responding to your request. We take your privacy-related requests seriously and will deal with them promptly, including within any time period prescribed by applicable law.
How do we handle changes to this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement is not, nor is it intended to be, a contract, nor does it create any legal rights or obligations beyond what applicable law mandates.
Therefore, we may amend, interpret, modify, or withdraw any of the terms of this Privacy Statement. We shall publish any material changes to this Statement through appropriate notices either on our website or by contacting you using other communication channels.